Monday, February 7, 2011

My first transfer is officially over

Bonjour famille!

Yep.... My first transfer is officially over. It went by so very FAST! And Soeur England says it will just keep getting faster. I'm going to be sprinting to keep up with everything for the next 15 months! After this transfer, I will no longer be considered a blue. Can't wait for that. :)

This week was eventful! On Tuesday we went to see Razia (pretty sure I've told you about her before) and it took us TWO HOURS to get through the first lesson. That woman can talk like no one I have met before in my life. It was good though... She said she was going to start reading the Book of Mormon. We'll see how it goes! She's really sweet. Whenever she sees us she claps her hands to her cheeks and says, "oh! you are just so young!" It's really funny. She l-o-v-e-s her cats... they're always climbing all over us when we're teaching her. Gross. One of them attacked my bible ribbon. Bleh. We have high hopes for Razia though!

That night we taught Eunice. She and her husband Bright are our newest amis. they are from Ghana, so they speak English. It was so weird to teach in English, but it went really well. We taught her the Plan and she already knew almost all it and believed in it. It was amazing! She basically bore her testimony to us and the spirit was oh, so strong. I offered the closing prayer and I could not BELIEVE how hard it was for me to pray in English! It made me really, really happy inside. The French is starting to stick! I think that was the first English prayer I have said since the MTC.

Wednesday was transfer day. We spent the morning grocery shopping, putting the bunk beds together, and getting the rest of the apartment together and ready for Soeur Turney. After picking her up from the gare and dropping her luggage off at the apartment, we went and had dinner with Rita. It went well-- she made us some traditional Belge food: Endive soup (endives are super popular around here... I thought about you, Richard!) and potatoes with green beans, ham, and vinegar. Yes, vinegar. It was actually pretty good. We talked to her about temples and tithing. The lesson went great... Everything went smoothly with three of us teaching. I thought it would be harder than it was!

On Thursdays we have a lot of meetings. After our meeting with the young adults, the three of us walked out of the church to catch the bus and I fell down the stairs! I am just so graceful. I sprained my ankle and bruised up my legs pretty good, but other than that i'm fine. We stayed in our apartment all day Friday because Soeur England got sick with a cold/flu. We were going prettty stir crazy in that small apartment all day.... We read the scriptures a LOT. Saturday was better.... I was hobbling around on crutches and looking like a dork. It was funny :) We went and taught CĂ©lia, the 11 year old little girl. We had a breakthrough-- her mom invited us to have lunch with them next week! we really want to start teaching her mom. I hope it goes well!

I attended an 8 year old little boy's baptism on Saturday too! His name is Noah Kapapula. It was really fun... There was a big African feast afterwards, of course. I thought a lot about Eric that day... I'm so glad the baptism went well! He is such a good boy.

On Sunday, I woke up sick with a cold and flu. Some week it's been! We stayed home from church... Soeur England and I were just miserable. I'm doing better today. I have kind of a man voice though.  We were joking that the fact both of us were sick means we were following the rules and sticking together. :)

I hope all is going well at home! I love you all! Merci for the letters, emails, prayers, and support.

amour,
la petite missionaire

1 comment:

  1. Poor Lou and her little mishaps! She's got a great attitude though! Her new sister is the one from Carrie's ward in Sandy...cool!

    ReplyDelete