BONJOUR, ma famille!
first off. Oh. My. Goodness. I'm basically freaking out. I'm leaving on MONDAY!!!! Paris! Ah! Can't wait.
In true Lindsay fashion, a list.
Top Ten Things I Will Miss About the MTC:
10. The Tongan elders singing hymns to our classroom from across the hall
9. the elders saying the funniest things, like all the time. we have so many jokes. I would type one of them out, but they probably wouldn't be funny to you.
8. the little bird who lived in the cafeteria for like 5 weeks. We named her Gertrude. She would tweet a song as I ate my bagel in the mornings :)
7. temple walks every week, even when it's about 6 degrees outside. we will brave all sorts of weather in order to get outside the MTC walls for a little while!
6. singin' in the choir
5. my teachers, frere welch and soeur gabriel. she is an absolute angel and he is hilarious.
4. apostles coming practically every other day!
3. learning to parlez francais and teach the gospel
2. nightly parties with my darling soeurs
1. my district-- believe it or not, i will miss spending ALL day EVERY day in a tiny classroom with ten 19 year-old boys... love 'em!
this will give you some perspective: we have the largest district in the zone (there's 12 of us). the average has 6-8, maybe ten. our classrooms are all the same size. there is about an arm's-width space in between all of our desks. we are CRAMMED in there! it's fun though.
The MTC has been just amazing. I'm so very excited to go to Paris, but I'll miss the MTC too! Mostly, I'll miss my district, my soeurs, my zone, and soeur larsen. we're all super duper close, and I love them. It's going to be hard to say goodbye! But we're going to keep in touch, and I'm so excited to see the huge impact they're all going to have in their missions.
I love you all so very much. Thank you for your support of my mission! The church is TRUE :)
avec tout mon amour,